Our teachers are truly dedicated to educating all children. Over the past three years, Bennion has increased the learning of all students and has become a Top Performing Title I school. The greatness of Bennion Elementary lies in the people who fill its halls everyday: the students, the teachers, and the support staff. Bennion is a student-centered school with a strong academic focus. There is a joy in learning together and a commitment to learn more about how we can better serve our students. The people of Bennion Elementary are an effective team and work collaboratively to create an outstanding academic institution for all students.
- We are a community of students, teachers, parents, volunteers, and coordinators who believe the future of our society lies in the success of our childrenŐs education. All children can learn, and we believe each child must be treated with respect, compassion, and sensitivity.
- We are dedicated to providing the most relevant and effective learning experiences possible. We empower students to take responsibility for their learning, personal growth, and actions.
- We meet the needs of all students, recognize and celebrate our diversity, and enable all children to meet the challenges of tomorrow with confidence.
- We implement comprehensive educational programs that are data driven and ensure that every student demonstrates growth.
- We offer Achievement Via Individual Determination (AVID) programs. AVID's mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
- We are committed to providing quality academic intervention programs that equitably address an individual studentŐs educational needs.
- We believe exposure to the arts, in all forms, enhances a child's understanding of the world around them and provides a platform in learning and self-expression. It is also an effective tool to enhance learning in core subjects and plays a significant role in our strategy of differentiated learning.
- Bennion has developed longstanding community involvement to create an extensive visual arts program. All students attend art class once a week for 45 minutes. The art curriculum builds upon topics learned at each grade.