Our vision at Backman Elementary is to empower and equip students to be successful and confident lifelong learners. Our purpose is to create a safe, positive community that challenges students and inspires them to reach their full potential.
- Our dedicated and hardworking staff is engaging in cutting edge, data-driven instruction to improve their instructional practices.
- Our attendance goal this year is to have 80% our students with not more than 5 absences for the year.
- We are focused on preparing our students for college and career readiness. We promote college bound characteristics each week.
- We have school wide positive behavior support system. Our schoolwide expectation are: be safe, respectful, and responsible.
- We welcome parents and guardians to our monthly Cafˇ con Leche meetings, where we discuss events, improvements and solutions.
- Our extended school day (M-Th) allows us to provide each student with the following experiences each week: library, physical education, music, dance/movement and two hour of science instruction.
- Backman is rich in technology with SmartBoard, computers and iPads in every classroom and two computer labs.
- We house the Northwest Quadrant Academic Support classes for special education for grades 2-6. Our students are included in our regular program as much as possible and are taught their grade-level core content.
601 North 1500 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
Open Enrollment Status: Open
Send a message directly to the administrator of this school/program with the form below.